The garden is a part of the house where people usually relax and spend time with their loved ones, so it is important that you get your garden lighting right.
Lighting will make your garden look stylish. Choose the proper lighting to fully appreciate your garden after sunset. Add a glitter to your garden at daytime and an enchanted radiance after sunset by using pretty glass oil lanterns. The landscapes materialize due to delicate illumination at night and wonderful shapes are generated in a poignantly wonderful sculptured drama. Whether radiated by an internal brightness or silhouetted in a graceful tracery against a dark background, landscape illumination brings out the loveliness of natural and cultivated forms. The beauty of a pool, a fountain or a path, with delicate shade and hues, is evoked.
Security and protection should always be the primary concern. Precautions for safety should be taken while making arrangements for lighting. Such precautions may serve ornamental purposes if the lighting is delicate. The illuminating equipments should be testified as safe for use outside. This implies that the equipment should be weather resistant.
Various methods of garden lighting:
- For lighting up trees, walls and sculptures, up-lighting is generally used. Down-lighting is a copy of natural illumination, where an attachment is fixed above and the light radiates downwards.
- The effect of boundless moonlight can be created by putting the attachment a great way above the ground.
- Spotlighting is moderately applied to isolate and highlight bigger statues, trees, plants and architectural aspects.
- Impressive silhouettes may be generated by floodlights, which are extensive rays of light embracing a huge space.
- Little attachments put near the ground, called accent lights, serve as a delicate basis of ornamental illumination nearly everywhere in the garden.
- Broad beam angles are utilized by spread lighting to illuminate the bigger aspects like beds of flower, lawn spaces, boundaries and short shrubs.
- Employ the silhouetting method for emphasizing the contour trees, palms or doorways.
Ideas for illuminating gardens:
Select from an assortment of attachments and lighting angles to achieve an enthralling environment in a dark garden. Put the attachments in the forefront, in the middle or in the background, according to your taste. The three primary types of garden lighting are up-lighting, down-lighting and side-lighting. Use an amalgamation of all the three types for a gratifying outcome.